HEAVY DUTY MASTER MECHANIC & WELDER
Location: Powell River, BC
Posting Date: November 6, 2017
Olympic Forest Products Ltd. provides contract logging services to major Coastal forest products companies. The operation generally runs 5 days a week for 12 months a year. Phases include grapple yarding, hoe chucking, log loading, log hauling, dumping and booming.
Due to Retirement, OFP is currently seeking a full time permanent Heavy Duty Master Mechanic/Welder to join our Stillwater Logging Operations located in Powell River, British Columbia.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND REQUIRMENTS
- Maintain & Repair Coastal Logging Equipment in the field and at the heated Stillwater Shop
- Work safely, using directed PPE
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Experienced in hydraulics
- Experienced in Electrical
- Operation of air tools and hand tools
- Can work independently & be part of a team
- Valid Driver’s License – Class 1 preferred but not required
- Have basic tools for the job to start and increase as required
We require an individual with previous ticketed heavy duty mechanic experience. with off-highway log trucks and grapple yarders is an asset for this position.
OFP offers a USW unionized hourly wage and benefits package. If you have the skills and qualifications required for this position, please reply in confidence:
Glen Kappel, General Manager
Application Deadline: November 20, 2017
As only short listed candidates will be contacted, OFP thanks you in advance for your interest in our Company.