The Interior Logging Association is offering a Log Truck Driver Training program. This program has been developed by the industry to meet the needs of employers in the log-hauling sector.
Log Truck Driving Program
- 1 week theory/certifications classroom component
- 68 hours of Class 1 driver training seat time
- 160 hours of mentored seat time driving both empty and loaded logging truck
- 1 Day ride-along test with experienced log hauling contractor
On completion of the program students will receive their Class 1 Licences, as well as an Interior Logging Association Diploma of Completion for the Log Truck Driver Training program. The program staff will work with the students and employers from the onset of the program to match graduating students with local contractors.
For more information call Ray Trenholm at 250.371.5817 or Wayne Lintott at 250.503.2199
October 12, 2015 – December 18, 2015
November 2, 2015 – January 22, 2016
Tuition costs are free for eligible participants
- Interested applicants must first meet certain eligibility requirements set out on the Eligibility Worksheet and Student Application
- Valid BC Class 5 drivers license
- Personal interview with instructors and employer representatives.
- The learning practicum is on an industry site and will require students to take a mandatory drug and alcohol pre-screening test prior to program start.
This initiative is geared towards people who are either unemployed, non-EI eligible, or employed (low-skilled).
Download Application Form
StudentApp+Eligibility_Form LTDT (1).docx